JobID 1586 : Half Time School Secretary (One-year only for 2019-20 school year) (#1995010)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- Internal Transfer Deadline: January 11, 2020
- One-year only contract for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
- This position will assist and support with paperwork and other secretarial duties related to special education and 504 students
TITLE: School Secretary
- High school diploma
- Typing skills
REPORTS TO: Principal
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office so that the office’s maximum positive impact on the education of the children can be realized.
- Performs the usual office routines and practices associated with a busy yet productive and smoothly-run office.
- Receives and routes all in-coming calls. Responds appropriately to requests for information.
- Maintains a daily teacher attendance log, and the concomitant records for substitute teachers.
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, checks appointments, directs or escorts them to proper person, and maintains a visitor’s log.
- Reports immediately the presence in the building of any visitor who by-passes the reception desk and/or any suspicious activity or unusual behavior on the part of visitors.
- Types a variety of material, such as letters, student records, reports, memos, monthly statements, etc., from rough drafts or corrected copy.
- Verifies totals on report forms, requisitions, etc., and proofreads work of other typists as requested.
- Assists teachers in preparing instructional materials, as required.
- Requests necessary office supplies.
- Supervises student aids, as required.
- Provides secretarial assistance to guidance counselors and deans.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as requested by the principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Elementary 200 days
- Middle & High 210 days
- Salary established by Classified Salary Schedule
- Pay Grade G7
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Principal
Kenton County Schools
1055 Eaton Dr, Fort Wright, KY 41017
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525