JobID 1478 : Elementary Teacher - .5 Part Time (One Year Only School Year 2019-20) (#1994911)
Job | Posted 7 months ago
- Internal Transfer Deadline: N/A this position may be filled immediately to prevent disruption of student services
- One-year only contracft for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year
- Part-time (0.5) position
1. Holds bachelor’s or higher degree and the required Kentucky Teacher Certification and/or endorsement for the assigned position.
2. Has demonstrated the ability to communicate and work effectively with students, colleagues, and others.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
RERORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated. Assures that students spend maximum time on task.
2. Plans a program of study and instructional practices meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
3. Creates supportive classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written lesson plans upon request of principal and or supervisor.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes and communicates clear objectives for instruction.
7. Employs a variety of instructional practices and instructional resources and technologies to support the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Implements, instruction and action, consistent with the district's mission statement, vision statement, instructional goals and objectives.
9. Assesses the progress of students and communicates with parents on an on-going basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Utilizes data to determine individual strengths and deficits, and implements instruction as appropriate based on individual student need (including IEP, 504, and intervention plans).
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and equitable manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to so under reasonable terms.
15. Maintains and improves professional competence through on-going professional learning.
16. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
17. Maintains regular attendance
18. Performs such other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 187 Days, Salary determined by the certified salary schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Kenton County Schools
1055 Eaton Dr, Fort Wright, KY 41017
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,394 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.39
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 525