JobID 619 : Assistant Coach - Junior High Girls Track and Field (#1994660)
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be CPR certified, or willing to get CPR certified. Past experience as a coach or player preferred.
DUTY DAYS: March 16, 2020 - May 21, 2020
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To help each participating student achieve an increased level of skill and appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in track and field events
- Halps plan practices in season.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Responsible for the collection, inventory, and storage of equipment and uniforms after the season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Model the behaviors expected from student athletes and reinforce sportsmanship and proper behavior of the athlete at all times, in the regular day school program, in practice sessions, during competition and in the community at large.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $800 for certified staff, $680 for lay coaches