JobID 376 : Special Education Educational Technician III BHP (#1992409)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Description: Special Education, Educational Technician III BHP, Saco Middle School - grades 6-8
- Works with individuals or small groups of students to provide instructional and assessment support with direct teacher supervision.
- Works in a small group implementing teacher directed therapeutic strategies which follow a pre-established set of guidelines.
- May develop specific instructional plans within the framework of a teacher defined sequence of instruction.
- May introduce new learning preplanned in collaboration with the classroom teacher or appropriate content specialist.
- May supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Ensures a safe environment through consistency and communication with students and staff.
- Supports students with accommodations and/or modifications.
- Follows student behavior plans as defined in written plans or as directed by the teacher applying approved techniques.
- Models desired problem solving and stress reduction strategies.
- Applies classroom rules, expectations, materials and assignments consistently.
Qualifications: Current Maine DOE Educational Technician III Certification and fingerprinting required
Selection Procedure: Selected Candidates will be contacted by phone.
Saco School Department
90 Beach Street, Saco, ME 04072
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $14,707 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 17%
State Average: 130