JobID 179 : Home and School Visitor/Attendance Coordinator (#1992376)
Job | Posted a month ago
- To provide direct and indirect services to help students achieve maximum benefit from educational experiences by minimizing or eliminating barriers to students' academic achievement and maximizing their healthy social-emotional development. Also responsible for the enrollment and withdrawal of students and any related paperwork/computer work. Responsible for direct membership in district data software and PIMS.
- Develops and maintains current information on available school district, agency and community based resources and services that promote student welfare and achievement. Identifies needs for such services in the district's student population works with stakeholders to develop programs and systems to address unmet needs.
- Consults and collaborates with district staff, parents and community resources to address cases concerning a student's physical or mental health, behavior management needs, abuse or neglect, substance abuse, school attendance and other issues that affect the student's educational experience. Coordinates interagency communication regarding individual cases.
- Assists parents/guardians in understanding their child’s developmental, social and educational needs and how to support their success in school. Helps families follow through with recommendations made for the welfare and health of the student.
- Conducts formal and informal assessments of student functioning, developmental history, family and community structure, interpersonal relationships, adaptive behavior and cultural factors that may influence learning.
- Consults with stakeholders to facilitate an understanding of factors affecting the student’s educational experience.
- Responds to requests from district staff to assist with the development of appropriate interventions to address students' health, safety educational social and emotional concerns. Assists with the development of intervention plans consistent with curriculum, student needs, strengths, social and cognitive functioning and cultural experiences. Provides individual and group therapy, counseling and educational informational programs for students as needed.
- Responds to requests to attend multi-disciplinary team meetings to assist with development, provision of or securing related social work services for students with disabilities.
- Serves as an active member of the Student Assistance Team and Crisis Response Team.
- Assists with development and implementation of bullying prevention and responses in the district.
- Assists with student referrals, transition and needed social work support in connection with homebound instruction, alternative education, and similar out of school placements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of student records and information as part of exercising professional duties and discretion in sharing such information.
- Abides by federal, state and local school laws and regulations, mandated programs, District policies and administrative regulations.
- Maintains Child Accounting/Average Daily Membership/student attendance software/PIMS records. Responsible for tracking District students and their school placements. Maintains student demographics, processes requests for district school placements, addresses, guardianship, coordinates with those responsible for placement of homeless students or students in foster placements, monitors ADMs on alternate placement days and costs, and processes monthly alternate payments. Monitors and maintains records for paid tuition students; and processes billing for outside school districts for students attending the District.
- Abides by and monitors compliance with federal, state and local school laws, regulations and guidance, district policies and administrative regulations relating to student enrollment and attendance. Identifies and consults with supervisor and counsel, as directed, regarding residency, attendance and enrollment issues of concern.
- Maintains confidentiality with all District information, including District and school population information.
- Guides new families through the enrollment process; schedule appointments and meets with the families; coordinates scheduling with guidance, tours of schools as needed, obtains all required signatures and documents for state recording; and notifies appropriate departments to start services (transportation, food service, IT and special education). Processes requests for withdrawals, addresses guardianship updates, updates District attendance software and PIMS, notifies all appropriate departments to stop services (transportation, food service, IT and special education), confirms monthly billing and processes payments.
- Processes requests for alternate placements, updates District attendance software and PIMS, notifies all appropriate departments to start or discontinue services (transportation, food service, IT and special education), confirms monthly billing and processes payments.
- Maintains records for state reporting; enters & updates District attendance software and PIMS; confirms monthly billing and processes payments; enters attendance; verifies receipt of 4605 forms; and prepares and distributes annual billing to outside school districts.
- Maintains Career and Technical records for state reporting: confirms student enrollment and records in District attendance software for District students. Provides student verifications/rosters; and assumes responsibility for the completion and submission of periodic and annual ADM reports.
- Maintains assigned PIMS fields and programs for state reporting and enters all new and withdrawn student information as required (homeless, foster, and shelter).
- Maintains outside cyber/charter school information; compares monthly rosters with District attendance software; investigates students who are no longer on roster or newly enrolled, works with outside cyber schools to resolve discrepancies; confirms monthly billing and processes payments; and works with the Business Manager on any concerns. Works with Transportation on any concerns and updates changes.
- Maintains private/parochial schools information for state reporting; compares rosters with District, attendance software, investigates students who are no longer on roster, enters new enrollments, works with Transportation on any concerns and updates changes. Reviews and approves address changes and investigates any that present concerns about continued enrollment, updates District attendance software and PIMS and coordinates related distributes final requests to appropriate applicable: transportation, food service, IT and special education.
- Provides monthly, bi-monthly, and yearly reports from either District attendance software or Excel to designated administrators and others as directed.
- Maintains all updates pertaining to student enrollment, withdrawals and placements, ensures distribution to building administrators and other affected personnel and departments and coordinates training where appropriate.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree in social work or related field of study.
- 2-3 years prior experience in a school setting.
- PA Home and School Visitor Certificate
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Standard ADA Selection
- Other (to include Physically Demanding Positions)
- This factor measures the strength and stamina required in areas such as lifting, standing, and the frequency of doing these as necessary to perform the particular duties of the job.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Highlands School District
1500 Pacific Avenue, Natrona Heights, PA 15065-0288
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302