JobID 377 : Career Development Counselor, Health Sciences (#1992121)
Under direction of the Director of Technical Studies, the CTE Transition Counselor for Health Sciences assists in tasks such as student recruitment, middle to high school pathway engagement and curriculum development, new CTE program development, special events, tours, individual and specialized programs and other support for current and potential program participants. A high degree of independent judgment and creativity are required to adequately represent the ATC programs, to serve as a technical resource person for the center, and to maintain as well as design original program components and services for middle school and high school students.
Develop a new CTE Allied Health program (proposed to launch 2021-22 school year).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with high school students and a diverse population.
- Knowledge of public secondary school organizations, policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with diverse groups.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Three years experience working in a position requiring collaboration, partnership building and creative problem solving.
Part-time (25 hours per week), for the duration of the 2019/20 school year/
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt