JobID 1564 : 2020-2021 HS Credit Recovery Teacher (#1991895)
Credit Recovery Coordinator/Instructor
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to serve as a coordinator and instructor to assist and support students that are working to recover credits.
--Assists students with the credit recovery online program adopted by Deer Creek Schools.
--Experienced in instructional technology
--Continuously seeks new methods in classroom management, instructional relationships, and instructional technology to assist students
--Develops lesson plans, monitors academic progress, and creates intervention plans based on individual student needs to ensure success
--Proactively communicates with parents, students, and staff regarding student progress and goals
--Flexible problem solver and innovator
--Able to build relationships with students and help motivate them to achieve success through an online curriculum platform
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travel may be required between the high school and DC Academy
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, writing, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- Oklahoma State Certification as a Language Arts Teacher, Mathematics Teacher or as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level.
FLSA Status: Exempt