JobID 279 : STEM Elementary Teacher 40% (#1988976)
Description: Teacher, STEM, K-4 (Part-Time 40%)
STEM-based education teaches children more than science and mathematics concepts. The focus on hands-on learning with real-world applications helps develop a variety of skill sets, including creativity and 21st-century skills. These skills include media and technology literacy, productivity, social skills, communication, flexibility, and initiative. Other skills attained through STEM education include problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, curiosity, decision making, leadership, entrepreneurship, acceptance of failure and more. Regardless of the future career path considered by our children, these skill sets go a long way in preparing them to be innovative.
Washington Grade School District #52
TITLE: STEM Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Teacher
SALARY: Teacher Salary Schedule
EVALUATOR: Building Principal
This position provides instruction to students and performs a wide variety of tasks with curriculum planning, supervision, presenting and reinforcing learning concepts, and teaching children in a classroom setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of and ability to implement the subject matter, philosophical, social, and educational concepts relative to the duties and responsibilities listed on this job description
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers STEM-oriented instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) through Project-Based Learning methods.
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum, and placing the thinking work on all students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Building a classroom culture in which students love learning.
- Plans a program of study, employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assists in diagnosing the learning disabilities of students, with the assistance of district specialists.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Gives help and is available to answer education-related questions to students and parents during the school day.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, schoolyards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Distributes tests and homework assignments and collects them when they are completed.
- Enforces administration policies and rules governing students.
- Manage and distribute instructional resources to teachers and provide trainingon the use of thoseresources.
- Grades homework and tests, and computes and records results, using answer sheets or electronic marking devices.
- Perform all other duties reasonably related to position as may be assigned by Building Administrator or Superintendent.
- Hold an IL Professional Educator License (PEL) for the particular position as required by the State.
- Demonstrated ability in adapting curriculum and lessons to various student needs.
- Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning.
- Desire to continue learning “what works” in classroom instruction.
Information can be found on the #52 website: www.d52schools.com
We require completion of an online application to receive consideration for any open position. Please DO NOT mail ANY information to the District including resumes and cover letters. We DO NOT keep hard copies of any potential employee information. All information can be uploaded.