JobID 216 : Dance Center Supervisor - Part Time (#1986997)
Hours: Flexible hours up to 15 hours per week.
Hiring Range: $12.00 - $13.00
Under the direction of the Dance Coordinator assist with administrative tasks, planning and executing dance programs, recital and growth of the Pavilion Dance Centre.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of dance terminology, dance history, current dance trends, classroom etiquette, physical safety and proper guidance with movement execution.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and co-workers.
- Assist Dance Coordinator with monitoring and updating curriculum, evaluation forms and surveys.
- Organize and coordinate dancewear sales, recital costumes and purchasing supplies.
- Assist Dance Coordinator with upkeep of social media sites.
- Must attend all rehearsals, recitals and staff meetings.
- Must attend staff continuing education classes.
- Assist in other functions as needed for the dance department.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
- Knowledge of dance philosophy and classroom etiquette, substantial dance training/experience.
- Good working knowledge of current social media sites and future trends.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction, apply constructive criticism and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have proficient writing and grammar skills and be comfortable with computer and website programs.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be organized, efficient and punctual.
- Willingness to learn and be a team player.
- Have a solid understanding of professional dance/performance.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Professional experience and college degree preferred.
Extensive dance training and teaching experience