JobID 277 : Superintendent, Marquette-Alger RESA (#1986464)
The Marquette-Alger Regional Educational Service Agency (MARESA) Board of Education is conducting a search for its next Superintendent. MARESA is one of 56 regional educational service agencies created by Michigan law in 1962 to help local school districts provide high quality education for their students while maximizing district resources.
Located in the city and in the county of Marquette, Michigan, MARESA serves both Marquette and Alger counties, 12 constituent local public school districts, 1 public school academy, and 3 private schools for a total of approximately 9,800 students. MARESA's team of employees serve approximately 1,100 public school employees in 26 buildings and more than 110 school board members. This two-county region is nearly 2,800 geographic square miles with districts to the east, west, south, and north - many of which are a 1-2 hour drive from the city of Marquette.
MARESA provides educational excellence through advocacy, collaboration, and innovation. Points of pride include:
- Teaching and Learning Leadership
- Teacher consultants for students with autism, physical, hearing, and visual impairments
- Child Find Program for special education
- Business Services support to public schools and public school academies
- Administrator assistance to local school district programs
- Home schooling information
- Cooperative purchasing programs for school supplies and busses
- Grants and development assistance
- Multi-media and technology training
- School Improvement assistance
Full profile is attached. Application deadline is April 3, 2020. All questions can be directed to Mike Hill, Michigan Leadership Institute Regional President, 231-342-7168 or email email@example.com.