JobID 1426 : Summer School | Field Sports Coach | Part Time | Summer 2020 (#1986244)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Are you looking for a stimulating summer work opportunity—one that will allow you to be part of a growing program, work with other talented educators, and enjoy a beautiful campus that is rich in history and technology?
Lakeside School’s Summer School Programs is currently recruiting for a Field Sports Coach for the Investigative Learning Camp, an academic summer camp designed for students entering grades 5-8. The position will be part time. The Field Sports activity runs July 6 – July 31. This activity meets 1:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. There will be a mandatory orientation meeting on Thursday, July 2.
Click here to read more about this camp, including descriptions of the courses and activities offered during the summer 2020 Investigative Learning Camp.
- Develop daily activities that engage students and encourage movement and teamwork
- Supervise and instruct all campers during the activity period
- Supervise the counselors assigned to this activity
- A bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience in a field sport such as soccer, baseball, or football
- Experience coaching/teaching middle-school or high-school aged students
- First Aid and CPR certification obtained before July 6
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two criminal background checks
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. The candidate will understand different perspectives; interact respectfully with cultures other than their own; and cultivate meaningful relationships with people that have different cultural frameworks. Candidate actively works to create an inclusive classroom environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm
Compensation and Benefits
The stipend for this position is $1,500. Lunch is included. The activity will only run if enough students register. Enrollment will remain open until June 1. If the number of students enrolled is too small on June 1, the activity will not run, and, therefore, the stipend will not be paid.
Interested candidates should apply online. The application process will remain open until a qualified candidate has accepted an offer. Applicants being considered will be interviewed. Phone or Skype/Zoom interviews are acceptable for candidates who are not local. For additional questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Kat Yorks, Director of Summer School Programs, by e-mail or by phone, 206-440-2701. PLEASE DO NOT SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO KAT YORKS’S E-MAIL. Application materials need to be submitted online.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website.
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.