JobID 12688 : Social Worker (LISW-S) (#1984460)
The Lead Social Worker, LISW-S will serve on the ESCCO, Specialized On-Site Support Team, (SOS Team) and will collaborate with building teams as they support students facing serious nonacademic obstacles to success in school. The Lead Social Worker, LISW-S will assist district personnel select targeted interventions through collaboration with families, community agencies, and education teams in order to support the needs of students.
- Valid Ohio school social worker (LISW-S).
- Credentials to provide Supervisory Responsibilities
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Meets all mandated health requirements.
- Documentation of a clear criminal record.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Training or experience in trauma based care.
- Experience writing, implementing, and monitoring individual plans of care.
- Ability to access community resources appropriate to the needs of students.
Provide training and support to school based teams supporting student with significant mental health needs focusing on areas of dependency, abuse, and trauma informed care.
Provide Supervision and Mentoring to Social Workers working within our 2 Alternative Programs, Ventures Academy and Ventures II
Support efforts at providing Mental Health Crisis Assessment and Case Management Services for students (Assess student safety and refer/link to necessary level of mental health care and resources within the community)
Provide building/district presentations to staff on a variety of topics related to mental health (i.e. depression, anxiety, suicide and self-harm prevention, stress management, bullying, peer conflict resolution, dating violence, etc.)
Serving as a consulting member for other team/work groups requesting mental health information or consultation.
Support school team efforts at providing family linkages to community service supports.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule
Janet Gillig, Executive Director of the Center of Student Services, Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
Please complete the employment application through www.escco.org.