JobID 3241 : Nurse (#1983690)
Position: School Nurse – LPN
District Nursing Supervisor or Lead Nurse
Work Site: School Site
General Job Description:
Assist in the development and implementation of school health policies and procedures of the School District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential, controversial and sensitive nature.
- Participate in planning, implementation and evaluation of the school health program to include health promotion in accordance with regulations of the State of New Mexico.
- Advocate for the health needs and rights of students.
- Administer health services to students using the nursing process to assess needs, plan interventions and evaluate outcomes.
- Identify health problems including social, physical, and psychological factors that interfere with learning, through screening procedures, assessment and evaluation of the student.
- Facilitate communication between student, family, staff, medical provider and the community.
- Participate in health education program activities for students, staff and the community.
- Maintain current health and immunization records, health information on student visits as required by the State of New Mexico.
- Assist with the orientation, training, and supervision of health assistants and school health clerks.
- Comply with all Board of Education policies, administrative regulations, Public Education Department guidelines, and local, state, and federal laws.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates Degree
- Current New Mexico license to practice as Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the New Mexico Board of Nursing.
- Valid certificate as a licensed School Practical Nurse issued by the State of New Mexico.
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, packing adequate mobility, writing, typing, word processing, reading, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Background Check
- Exposure to hazardous/infectious agents.
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
- Knowledge of OSHA/FERPA/HIPPA regulations.
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology
- Materials relevant to job responsibilities
- Motor vehicle, if necessary-Valid driver’s license
- Various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality
- Work interruptions
- Completion of job assignment without direct supervision
- Completion of applications and assignments within the timeframes allowed
- Extended work hours, on occasions
Term of Employment:
- 185 days / 7.5 hours
- 1 year contract