JobID 9901 : Kitchen Helper (2.5 hours per day) (#1982756)
Description: The Kitchen Helper assists the Cooks in serving school lunches and maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen area.
1. Serve school lunches according to established standard proportions in a nutritious and timely manner.
2. Cleans counters, dishes, stoves, equipment, and other kitchen and lunchroom areas so that kitchen is clean and prepared for the next day.
3. Washes trays, dishes, and cooking pans so that utensils, serving trays, and dishes are ready for the next day.
4. Acts as cashier.
5. May assist with grocery delivery/stocking.
6. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of proper method of serving food, care and use of kitchen appliances, and proper sanitation methods and procedures.
3. Ability to work with others.
4. Ability to maintain good public relations with student and staff.
5. General math/cashier skills in order to cashier or measure food.
6. Regularly able to lift heavy objects in excess of forty (40) pounds.
7. No allergies to kitchen and cleaning chemicals.
8. Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
9. Entry level position, no experience required.