JobID 383 : Social Studies Teacher (#1982326)
Employment Category: Full-time, Exempt 10 month position.
Offer includes: Competitive Salary, Benefits and PTO. Along with NJ DOE pension, union representation, & tenure track role.
General Duties: The Community Charter School of Paterson is seeking a teacher to implement a rigorous, engaging, individualized instructional program and classroom environment conducive to learning at the highest levels; establishes effective rapport with students; motivates students to develop mastery of academic standards as well as the skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to be successful in college and career; and establishes good relationships with parents and other CCSP staff members.
Requirements: Valid New Jersey Teaching Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing in Social Studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student with the support and guidance of the school leadership.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences to maximize instructional time.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior aligned with CCSP established norms as needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other staff members in assessing and helping students and parents develop solutions to academic and non-academic challenges that may impact student achievement.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social/emotional growth, maintains appropriate records, utilizing student assessment data and prepares progress reports and report cards.
- Communicates with parents through conferences, approved social media venues, phone calls and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Maintains professional competence through school-based professional development and independent learning activities; actively participates in all CCSP required professional development.