JobID 5267 : Attendance Secretary (205 Work Days) (#1981379)
2019-2020 Salary Grade B, Starting hourly pay rate $11.09
Hours/Day: 7.5 (full-time)
Work days/year: 205
Position: Attendance Secretary
Reports to: Principal/Assistant Principal
Job Status: 10 month
Summary of Position: The Attendance Secretary maintains student attendance records. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior clerical experience preferred
- Ability to understand, apply, and use computers and software applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Experience interacting with the public and staff with and the ability to be courteous and patient while maintaining a positive, cooperative work environment.
- Answers phone calls and records student absences from parent's calls.
- Enters information from calls, period by period from each teacher and exceptions into Student Information System.
- Corrects and posts daily attendance.
- Maintains records of bus routes.
- Confronts a variety of student and parent complaints and problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work in standard office and school building environments. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting up to 40lbs. (i.e. paper boxes), carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires sitting, walking, and standing.
Use standard office equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones etc. Potential exposure to communicable diseases. Noise level may be loud at times.
2019-20 Classified Employees Association (CEA)