Elementary Music Teacher (#1979591)
Come teach "at the Beach!" Colonial Beach Public Schools is seeking qualified candidates to serve as a Music Teacher for Colonial Beach Elementary School. Come join a dedicated faculty full of Drifter PRIDE in a small, family oriented community in Colonial Beach, VA
TITLE: Teacher (FLSA Status-Exempt)
Under direction of the school principal, plans and provides appropriate learning experiences for students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervises students in a variety of school related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and community. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
•Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meet the needs, interests and abilities of students.
• On a regular and consistent basis, meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
• Create a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Provide an instructional program to meet the needs of all students.
• Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
• Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
• Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, requirements of curriculum framework and knowledge of human growth and development.
• Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Take all necessary and safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, CBPS policy and administrative regulation.
• Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
• Establish relationships with colleagues, students, parents and community which reflect recognition of and respect for every individual.
• Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
• Appraise his/her own effectiveness and demonstrate successful application of skills and information acquired to increase effectiveness. Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Participate in school management and share responsibility for the total school program.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.
EDUCATION & LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Must have or be eligible for a teacher license from the Virginia Department of Education
The position entails significant walking, bending, standing, stooping, and possible physical interventions in order to maintain a safe learning environment.
Work involves exposure to normal everyday hazards
Work is performed throughout the division and requires no unusual demands
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of School Board Policy on Evaluation of Certificated Personnel