JobID 4820 : Payroll Manager - Business Office (#1979236)
Administration Building/Business Office
: $76,575 per year (Per Contract)
12 month position
The following documents must be complete and current for application to be considered for the position:
Internal applicants are required to submit the same application materials
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
Copy of Valid Certification and/or License
X Transcripts (if applicable)
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation (dated within the past 12 months)
X Other: Letter of application should include background information
TITLE: Payroll Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred/Associate Degree Required in accounting
- Proven office experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of payroll, basic bookkeeping and record-keeping procedures
- Five years payroll processing experience highly desirable
- Ability to handle and process high volume of paperwork accurately and efficiently and establish and maintain complex file and record systems
- Must be able to access and process information contained in file records and computer databases
- Must be a self-directed, flexible, detail and results-oriented professional with the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and effectively handle changing conditions
- Strong organizational, analytical and demonstrated problem-solving skills are necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
REPORTS TO: Certified Public Accountant
JOB GOAL: Performs payroll/accounting, administrative work of a complex, confidential and responsible nature. Prepares and administers a payroll system for all Board employees and prepares related state and federal payroll information reports.
- Receives oral and written direction from supervisor.
- Plans and organizes work according to standard procedures as well as payroll schedules and calendars.
- Prepares employee payrolls in accordance with collective bargaining agreements for employees.
- Receives and reviews time sheets from units.
- Performs calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain financial data for payroll deductions including withholding taxes, social security, retirement, group insurances, union dues and other payments.
- Prepares and transmits payroll information for processing into an automated payroll system.
- Receives and reconciles payroll register.
- Receives payroll checks, reviews for accuracy and distributes to employees.
- Posts payments and prepares monthly and annual payment vouchers for deductions to charitable, federal and state governments, unions, and various carriers.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual statistical and narrative reports for withholding taxes, social security payments and town and state retirement programs.
- Prepares responses to verifications of employment.
- Reports work accomplished to supervisor.
- Relieves supervisor of administrative details and takes appropriate action on routine matters.
- Operates automated systems at advanced skills level, including Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and MUNIS HR/Payroll System or other automated payroll system.
- Possesses knowledge of accounting procedures/programs.
- Assumes such other functions as may be determined.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seven hours per day, twelve-month year.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified Staff.