JobID 60496 : Elementary Art Teacher (#1977961)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
- Valid Iowa teaching certificate.
- B.A. required in area of major study.
- Knowledge of subject matter of effective teaching techniques.
- Broad understanding of effective schools issues and teaching strategies.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, and health to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the School District.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Implements lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with District testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required, including serving on curriculum committees.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Plans and executes reward and seasonal enrichment activities for students.
- Supervises student teachers and observation/interaction students. Hosts visiting teachers.
- Plans, communicates and makes adaptations for full inclusion students.
- Keeps communication lines open with other staff members i.e. changes in schedule, notes from parents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal/Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Teacher contract. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Storm Lake Comm School District
419 Lake Ave, Storm Lake, IA 50588-0638
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,236 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.24
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 213