JobID 4648 : 2020/21 Special Education Teacher - Early Childhood (#1977745)
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A $50.20 fingerprinting fee will be charged once hired.
To assist in coordination of curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development, and material support for the both the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents as Teachers programs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Promote and support the district vision initiatives and culture
- Assist in providing instructional leadership support to administrators, teachers, staff, students, and families involved in the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents as Teachers programs.
- Apply the findings of research, current technology, and district studies to improve curriculum and instruction for the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents as Teachers programs.
- Assist in the coordination of hiring, placement, and supervision of district Pre-kindergarten and Parent as Teachers staff and programming.
- Assist in the gathering of feedback and evaluative findings to examine effectiveness and continuous improvement of the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents as Teachers programs.
- Assist in communicating the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents as Teacher program curriculum, instructional practices, accomplishments, goals, and new directions to district and community members.
- Assist in planning and leading regular meetings with Pre-Kindergarten Co-leaders and Parents as Teachers staff.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Texas Teacher Certification in the area of, or with an emphasis in, Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum 3 years of successful teaching experience in Early Childhood setting.
- Knowledge of current child development research and practices and play-based learning and best practices for Pre-Kindergarten students.
- Skill in organization, data analysis, and basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and demonstrate high level of communication skills.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate to explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer, or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying.
- Ability to drive to several school locations in order to support the Pre-Kindergarten and Parents As Teachers staff.
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Maintain emotional control under stress.