JobID 1352 : Counselor (#1977626)
A. Valid Idaho Pupil Personnel Services with a Standard Counselor endorsement.
B. Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
C. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as mature and responsible men and women.
- Guides individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
- Counsels with individuals and small groups of students with problems.
- Consults with ancillary personnel, teachers, staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Refers students with problems to appropriate resources as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of students and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Provides information on the counseling and guidance services of the school to staff, students, parents, and the community.
- Coordinates and administers the testing program of the district at the school. Interprets the results of these tests to students, parents, and the school staff.
- Functions as a member of the Child Study Team relative to special education student placement.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of student permanent academic records.
- Plans and evaluates the school’s counseling program.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher, the Idaho Code of Ethics, and the negotiated contract.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints.
Performance of this position will be evaluated by the Building Administrator.