JobID 316 : IT Assistant (#1977609)
The IT Assistant provides help desk support throughout the district. In this position, the individual must appropriately apply good customer service skills while productively fulfilling their job duties as assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Help Desk Supervisor.
- Provides first level support for all computer, printer, copier and other technology related devices.
- Work collaboratively with other technology staff.
- Support and implement technology projects as assigned.
- Provide value added service to end users.
- Perform and maintain accurate IT inventory records.
- Ensure company assets are properly secure and maintained.
- Provides support for campus special events.
- Implement and maintain compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform helpdesk and other technology functions as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 to current
- Working knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Office 365
- Working knowledge of basic computer hardware and associated terminology
- Strong knowledge of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer/Edge, Mozilla Firefox
- Basic understanding of networking and associated terminology
- Knowledge of Printer/Copier/Scanner operation and maintenance
- Must possess strong communication skills and maintain a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of classroom technology is a plus (Mimio, document cameras, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years of technical experience preferred
- A+ certification highly valued
- Must have reliable transportation