JobID 2998 : SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT - FLOATER MoCI (#1976932)
REPORTS TO: Special Education Supervisor
AVAILABLE: Full-time, school-year position available immediately. Work schedule based on district calendar. Lunch break: duty free non-paid, or non-duty free paid lunch break (30 minutes) as determined by assignment. Work Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting wage $10.95 per hour, as specified in the MEA-ESPA Agreement wage schedule. Benefits (self only) as specified in the MEA-ESPA Agreement.
AFFILIATION: Ninety (90) working day probationary period.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support service to the Ed Center classrooms as needed.
- Position location may vary according to Ed Center classroom needs.
- Assist in the feeding, lifting, dressing/undressing, toileting and individualized care of special education students.
- Supervise students to and from the classroom and help students on and off the bus.
- Monitor students during lunch, free time, etc.
- Perform non-instructional tasks such as clerical work, materials development/preparation, etc.
- Exhibit flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibit ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrate warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Assist in physical management of students.
- Transport students on occasion using district vehicles.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, daily transportation.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must adhere to MCISD Guidelines and Policies.
- Follow work rules.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, waist high (lifting rest required).
- Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the teacher or supervisor.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED, required. Work Keys or equivalent, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience working with special needs children preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Ability to interact with staff and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with special needs students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills.
- Ability to perform all duties with an awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK: Upon hire, employees of the Monroe County Intermediate School District are fingerprinted for a Michigan and FBI criminal history check. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people.
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH JANUARY 14, 2020
EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete the online application within five days at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Contact Information:Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.