JobID 242 : Special Needs Aide (#1976861)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
High school diploma or hold a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
Have met formal academic assessment, associate’s degree, or two years of study at an institution of higher learning*
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Two years experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help meet the individual needs of student(s) including transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting and positioning; interpreting instructions; and assisting with physical needs and personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
- Help manage the behavior of assigned student(s). This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student as needed.
- Recognize differences in student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs and adapt methods and interaction according.
- Work with assigned student(s) or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
- Assist assigned students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned student(s).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive equipment used by students
Posture: Frequent standing; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking and reaching
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); Occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds or over) and positioning or students with physical disabilities, controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting nonambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive and other classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases)
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
*Required by Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for aides who are providing instructional support in Title I, Part A program.
Salado Independent School District
601 N MAIN ST, SALADO, TX 76571-0098
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558