JobID 11528 : Instructional Early Childhood and Infant Day Care Paraprofessional - 7.0 hours per day (Requires CDA Certificate) (#1975355)
Instructional Early Childhood Paraprofessional and Infant Day Care Paraprofessional
7.0 hours per day This position will float between these two areas, as directed by the Supervisor.
(Requires CDA Certificate)
Participate in instructional program activities as a member of the instructional team under the guidance and direction of the teacher.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Be responsible to and work under the guidance of the Early Childhood classroom teacher.
- Prepare materials for class activities.
- Assist teacher in the setup and maintenance of the classroom including the cleaning of materials to maintain a hygienic environment.
- Complete recordkeeping tasks at the teacher’s discretion.
- Engage in direct interaction and instruction with children in the implementation of the department’s Pre-K curriculum, Illinois Early Learning Standards and High/Scope Curriculum.
- Assist the teacher in the classroom with specific instruction to meet the needs for IEPs.
- Assist with bus loading and unloading.
- Supervise children for their health and safety, including toileting and diapering.
- Lift and/or carry children for positioning, toileting and diapering.
- Participate in planning and implementing classroom and family activities.
- Participate in home visits with the classroom teacher.
- Participate in department, district and state in-service training programs as they complement to the curriculum or other program component.
- Be responsible for any other duties assigned by the Early Childhood Supervisor or designee.
- All actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
Thirty college credit hours required, preferably in child development, early childhood and/or related areas and successful completion of the State Paraprofessional Test. This description is written primarily for position evaluation purposes. It describes duties and responsibilities, which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The principal activities are representative and not necessarily all-inclusive.
LENTH OF WORK: 9 months