JobID 1237 : Little Sea Stars Paraprofessional (3 Positions) (#1975296)
Responsibilities: To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and
other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
Requirements: An Associates degree or ParaPro, Bachelors degree preferred.
Previous experience working with high risk children is desirable.
This position is a 10-month, 29.5 hour position. The salary range is $13.17 – $17.97 per
Hour with limited benefits as outlined in the current East Haven Paraprofessional and
Teachers Aides contract
Minimum Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Monitors work, corrects papers, and supervises curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Serves as the chief source of information and help to any guest teacher assigned in the absence of the regular certified staff.
- Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods and on field trips.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting, and clothing routines.
- When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education Intervention Team and/or IEP/SRBI/ESL Team(s).
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety-minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
- Performs other such duties/assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assists, as directed by certified staff, in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/SRBI/ESL Team(s).
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities which comprises this position.
East Haven Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, females, handicapped, and veterans are encouraged to apply.