JobID 3590 : Teacher (Special Education - Woodstock Academy Cooperative) (#1971875)
The EASTCONN Transition Services Team is seeking to fill a position with dynamic individuals to work with our current team and deliver quality instruction to students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities across a variety of settings (high school, community, college environment). There is a strong collaboration with various providers both internal and external to the agency to assist students in gaining the skills associated with a successful transition during their high school experience and into their post-secondary.
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Work with students with various disabilities and various academic, social, and developmental abilities.
- Ability to provide individualized instruction in all academic areas, vocational-transition, and daily living skills.
- Ensure compliance is followed in IEP's, including timelines and procedures.
- Use technology to assist in developing, providing, and supporting instruction as well instructing students on uses of technology to support independence, communication, and completion of tasks
- Assist in the development of transition plans for students at various age levels.
- Collaborate with various service providers within and outside the agency.
- Supervise instructional staff.
- Good leadership, organizational and team work skills.
Applicant must have a SDE certification in Special Education K-12.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at:
https://www.applitrack.com/eastconn/onlineapp/default.aspx and follow the on-screen instructions.