JobID 232 : Paraprofessional (#1971518)
Posted 3 months ago
Paraprofessional (One-on-One Aide)
- High School Diploma; college level coursework in education or related field
- Demonstrated ability to assist with instructional activities and to communicate effectively with students, parents and school staff.
- Knowledge of diverse needs of children with disabilities and appropriate special education classroom practices.
- Required criminal history check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status.?
- Establishes as fully as possible a supportive relationship with the student without fostering intense emotional involvement.
- Assists student with various projects, crafts, and curriculum tasks. Assists with individualized instruction of a student under the supervision of the teacher to reinforce material initially introduced.
- Helps with the supervision of the assigned student on field trips, planned by the teacher. Assist with the supervision of the student durin emergency drills, assemblies, field trips and play periods. Assists in escorting the child from one area to another. Assists in playground supervision. Guides the student in workin and playing harmoniously with oth children.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
- Assists, where appropriate, in escorting student(s) to arrival/departure areas and in loading and unloading the student from transportation buses or van.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the teacher, directly related to good learning experience for the student(s).