JobID 292 : Secondary Social Studies or Special Education K-12 (#1970979)
Posted 2 months ago
- Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- The candidate will provide direct instructional, content and special education services to students.
- Candidate will be expected to follow instructional plans, schedules, deliver assessments, collect progress monitoring data and follow IEPs to meet the individual needs of the students.
- The candidate must be able to deliver instruction using a wide variety of materials and resources.
- Strong professional, instructional, and communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess and demonstrate flexibility and collaborative skills and be able to maintain an organized, effective instructional space.
- Candidate must have effective classroom and behavioral management skills as well as knowledge of the needs associated with students with special needs.
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Leads and participates in team meetings and develops and implements Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with CAIU school districts, outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use Microsoft office and other technology solutions and applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- PA certifications in secondary math and science
Full Job Description: Teacher