JobID 11514 : Breakfast Aide - 30 minutes/day (#1970408)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide assistance in the cafeterias, playground and hallways and other grounds of the building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Assist in supervision of bathrooms, hallways, cafeteria and commons or any other area of the school building or grounds as needed or requested.
- Accompany individual students to other areas of the building or grounds.
- Inform administration of any problems encountered when interacting with students.
- Assist with student safety.
- Assist students through the cafeteria lines where needed.
- Assist in clean up of cafeteria after meal periods.
- Assume any other duties as may be assigned by administration.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the supervisor and the supervisor may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the interest of the school district.
- All actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
Page 2 of 2 – Breakfast/lunch aide
NON- ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or its equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Bilingual as required by location.
LENGTH OF WORK: 9 months
Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work.
This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change.