JobID 360 : ELL/ESL Teacher (#1970183)
- Develops and administers assessment techniques and methods to ascertain the particular needs of individual students identified as in need of remedial reading, writing and mathematics instruction.
- Develops remedial reading, writing and mathematics strategies, and lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in letter and word recognition, sentence and paragraph structure, vocabulary, proper word usage, writing, and mathematics.
- Conducts remedial learning activities, incorporating technology and a variety of instructional methods and materials.
- Creates evaluation instruments and procedures to monitor the student progress and the effectiveness of instruction.
- Documents teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; develops lesson plans; models the necessary skills to perform assignments; and provides feedback to administration and teaching staff regarding student progress, expectations, and goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, regarding reading, writing and mathematics assessments and remedial teaching techniques; assists, coaches and models effective remedial instructional strategies for classroom teachers.
- Maintains familiarity with district and NJ State standardized reading tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the methods of remediation in reading writing and mathematics by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, writing, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- NJ State Certification ESL/ELL
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.