JobID 184 : Paraeducator (Special Education - Instructional) (#1970021)
Reno County Education Cooperative is looking for passionate, motivated individuals to serve as paraeducators in Reno County schools!
The paraeducator is assigned to assist the special education teacher and students in the resource room and/or the general education classroom.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains confidentiality of students in accordance with state regulations and district policy.
- Participates in the intake process during student arrival.
- Assists students during all transitions including to and from the bus.
- Assists with group and individual activities and projects.
- Assists in detecting any behavioral, health or physical deviations which warrant the attention of the teacher.
- Assists in creating a school climate based on positive behavioral interventions and support to influence classroom management.
- Competent in a district approved method for managing crisis using Emergency Safety Interventions.
- Assists with the school lunch program and lunchroom management.
- Assist students with chore completion, facility care projects, and community-based experiences.
- Participates and supervises in all unstructured activities including recreation and leisure activities in the gym and on the playground.
- Assists with duties such as organizing papers, note taking, and computer work as needed to serve assigned students.
- Responsible for data collection consistent with the building behavior management system.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Attend an orientation session at the beginning of each school year, and/or upon employment.
- Attends all state and district required trainings annually.
- Assists children with disabilities in walking, using wheelchairs and using special equipment.
- Assists with fire drill and tornado procedures.
- Follows the school’s dress code for staff members.
Good candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Must be tolerant and understanding
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must demonstrate good judgment, courtesy and tact
- Must set a good example for hygiene, dress, behavior and language
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and flexibility
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- Must be able to work independently
Education, experience required includes:
- High School diploma
- Experience working with children and/or adults with behavioral and emotional needs
- Free from any physical condition that would conflict with the health, safety, welfare, or education of the students
- Ability to twist, stoop, bend and lift up to 50 lb
Reno County Education Cooperative (RCEC) does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status or familial status in its programs, activities or in employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.50 to $12.00 /hour