JobID 2196 : Speech Language Pathologist for Extended School Year (ESY) - Summer 2020 (#1969668)
Lake Forest High School is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist for students enrolled in Extended School Year (ESY).
The ESY dates are from June 15, 2020 through July 9, 2020, Monday-Thursday mornings from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the speech language pathologist for assigned students
- Provides individual and group speech-language services for students identified with services
- Plans speech lessons and prepares instructional materials
- Presents speech-language lessons effectively
- Provides direct and consultative services to identified students with speech-language impairments
- Assures that students with speech and language disabilities have equal access to the curriculum, school activities and facilities
- Remediates speech-language deficits involving social communication/language pragmatics, phonology, morphology, semantics, syntax, and or perception; and establish these skills in daily communication
- Completes IEP goal updates at the end of the ESY program
- Provides for differences of individuals and groups
- Evaluates student growth effectively
- Interacts with students in a manner that encourages respectful relationships among students and teachers
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with staff
- Works cooperatively with school personnel (Directors, Student Services staff, Deans) to benefit students
- Communications effectively with parents to enhance the learning process by responding to or initiating parent contacts in a timely, professional and constructive manner
- Executes Board of Education and building policies and procedures
- Uses appropriate channels to resolve concerns and problems
- Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with a Speech Language Pathologist endorsement
Application Procedure: Interested candidates must apply online. Click here to access the online application.
To learn more about Lake Forest High School, visit our website at www.lakeforestschools.org.
To Inspire the Passion to Learn, the Insight to Know Oneself, and the Courage to Make a Difference