JobID 6221 : School Psychologist (#1969468)
Overview: School Psychologists are highly trained in both psychology and education. They must complete a minimum of a Specialist-level degree program (60 graduate semester credits) that includes 1200-hour internship and emphasizes preparation in the following: data-based decision making, consultation, collaboration, effective instruction, child development, student diversity and development, school organization, prevention, intervention, mental health, learning styles, behavior, research, and program evaluation.
- Applicants must possess or be able to obtain School Psychology Certification in Maryland.
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential is preferred.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems
- Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior
- Provide training in social skills, anger management, academic failure, diversity, bullying and violence
- Assist in the implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in order to make schools safer and more effective learning environments
- Administer psychological tests and interpret assessment results for the purpose of diagnosis and placement
- Conduct Curriculum Based Assessments
- Conduct Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Create, implement, and evaluate Behavior Intervention Plans
- Evaluate effectiveness of school-wide behavior programs (i.e., PBIS)
- Assist in identifying, implementing, and evaluating targeted interventions (i.e., Behavior Education Program-Check in/Check-out) to assist students identified in need of more support
- Participate in interdisciplinary team, Individual Education Program (IEP) meetings, Student Support Team (SST), 504 team, PBIS Team, and at times, School Improvement Team SST.
- Serve as a PBIS Coach
- Provide individual and group counseling and other mental health services as appropriate
- Act as a liaison with community agencies that provide services to children
- Provide Crisis Intervention to students and staff