JobID 1899 : Early Childhood Family Education Parent Educator .3FTE (#1968298)
The Lake City Public School District’s Community Education Program is seeking applicants for a .3FTE Licensed ECFE Parent Educator.
The individual will work with the ECFE Coordinator and teacher to set up weekday, evening and possible weekend classes. The parent educator will conduct the Parent Exit interview at Early Childhood Health and Development Screenings once a month during the school year. Salary is per the district’s master contract ECFE Teacher Salary Schedule.
Dual licensure in Early Childhood & Parent Education is strong preferred
Minimum of two years experience working with infants, toddlers and/or preschool age students and their parents preferred.
Excellent communication skills. Written, oral and interpersonal
Ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, school and Community Education staff
BA or BS Degree and current Minnesota teaching license in: Parent Education, Family Education/Early Childhood, Early Childhood Family Educator, or School Social Worker
Tentative Schedule: Tuesday Evenings, Wednesday, Friday.3 FTE Teacher Contract January- May
Position reports to: Community Education Director
Questions: Amanda Kvasnicka, Community Education Director, Lake City Public Schools firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a welcoming environment for parents and children
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate early childhood and parent/child curriculum based on the needs and interests of the families
- Work with ECFE Coordinator to develop classes, brochures, website updates, etc.
- Attend all classes, including nights and Saturday mornings.
- As a team, teachers and teacher assistants, work together to clean up and set up for next class.
- Work cooperatively with the ECFE Coordinator, teacher assistants and other school personnel.
- Along with the ECFE Coordinator, give direction to teacher assistants Plan and implement a Parent Education curriculum.
- Along with the ECFE Coordinator, help maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Communicate concerns and ideas to Community Education Director.
- Attend ECFE Advisory Council Meetings.
- Attend ECFE conferences/workshops.
- Conduct ECFE state report with EC Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned by Community Education Director.
Tentative Schedule: Tuesday Evenings, Wednesday, Friday.3 FTE Teacher Contract September - May