JobID 1351 : Chinese Immersion Teacher (#1966813)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
TITLE: Elementary Chinese Immersion Teacher
- Idaho teaching certificate with an appropriate endorsement.
- Must have work authorization in place.
- Oral/Written proficiency in Chinese language.
- Strong background in teaching methods, developmentally appropriate classroom activities, and effective classroom management
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter and effective teaching methods
- Strong background in curriculum and Idaho Core Standards
- Strong background in the integration of technology with instruction
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Works well with students, staff, and the public
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Able to work under deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To provide a secondary education program to help pupils develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for assigned classes
- Design lessons with an appropriate level of difficulty which provide content in a logical and sequential manner
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media, consistent with the physical limitations of the classroom and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Identify pupil needs and provide instruction appropriate to those needs
- Follow modifications and accommodations as specified in Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Implement the Idaho Core Standards, as well as the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives, in lesson plans, classroom instruction, unit planning, and assessments
- Devise written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts, and use them to evaluate student progress on a regular basis
- Prepare students academically for all district, state, and federal testing
- Display command of the subject matter
- Budget class time effectively
- Encourage students to strive to meet their highest potential
- Establish and communicate classroom rules, and encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Teach Mandarin Chinese Language classes and a content (social studies or science) class in Mandarin Chinese.
- Teach Social Studies content standards in Mandarin Chinese Language classes.
- Collaborate with District personnel in the program.
- Assess student learning and prepare data as needed
- Develop lesson plans for second language learners.
- Utilize dual immersion guidelines and strategies.
- Promote active learning using structured and unstructured activities that foster the social, physical, cognitive, and emotional development of young pupils
- Observe children in a variety of settings and evaluate the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills of pupils
- Maintain records of student progress toward the stated objectives of instruction
- Assist in facilitating smooth transitions from elementary school programs
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings
- Attend IEP meetings and collaborate with special education teachers as needed
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of activities and any issues that may arise
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, curriculum, objectives, and methods
- Provide needed and requested information on a timely and effective basis
- Participate in professional development
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy
- Assume responsibility for his or her continuing professional growth and development by attendance at professional meetings, membership in professional organizations, enrollment in advanced courses, and by reading professional journals and other publications
- Adhere to The Code of Ethics of the Idaho Teaching Profession adopted by the Professional Standards Commission and the State Board of Education
- Seek assistance should emergencies arise
- Represent the school district in a positive manner
- Know and follow school district policy and chain of command
- Perform other duties as assigned
By contract as determined by the Board of Trustees in accordance with federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the building principal in conformance with district policy
Jefferson County Joint District 251
3850 E. 300 N., RIGBY, ID 83442
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,469 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.67
% IEP Students
State Average: 10%
State Average: 163