JobID 2227 : Full-Time School Administrative Assistant: St. Isidore Catholic School; Bloomingdale, IL (#1966774)
Posted 3 months ago
Full-time School Administrative Assistant
St. Isidore Catholic School
Position available: January, 2020
St. Isidore Catholic School
Position available: January, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the School Administrative Assistant will provide clerical, secretarial and administrative assistance to the Principal; convey information regarding school functions and procedures to the learning community; and will enthusiastically and graciously support the broad array of services provided to students, parents, teachers, and support staff. Responsibilities of this individual focus primarily on customer service, clerical duties, data entry and analysis, and communication.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Handles the school phone and doorbell from 7:30 am and throughout the day until 4:00 pm.
- Serves as an integral part of the office staff; Handles parent and student concerns with compassion and efficiency, keeping in mind that he or she is the face of St. Isidore Catholic School.
- Greets and interacts with staff, students, and parents in a positive manner.
- Serves as a key member of the school's Crisis Response Team.
- Markets the school in a positive manner and escorts potential school families on tours of the facility.
- Follows up with families both verbally and in writing following school tours.
Clerical Duties and Data Entry & Analysis
Works with teachers and personnel to prepare documents necessary for ordering supplies, textbooks, and other purchases for the grade school. This includes inventory sheets and requests for new orders. This process may include the preparation of purchase orders, credit card requests, etc. for approval by the Principal.
- Handles any problem with purchases to the point of resolution.
- Manages registration procedures
- With Principal approval, prepares the necessary documents for any Title Funds available through the public school district.
- Prepares IWAS reports under the direction of the Principal.
- Enters student learning data as directed and prepares analytical reports.
- Assists the Principal in managing Applicant Tracking postings and applications.
- Communicates with stakeholders using School Speak and other communication vehicles used by the school.
- Fulfills a lead role in managing safety drills and emergency situations that may arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Pastor.
Communicates with Business Office and Rectory personnel as necessary.
Handles correspondence with teachers as directed.
- Exhibits proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite. (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrates proficiency in learning and using School Speak, the school's parent communication platform.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters related to administrators, students, staff members, and parents.
- Prepares, copies and distributes notices, memoranda or other correspondence.
- Assists in planning and scheduling school events and activities, and in maintaining calendars of school and student events.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files, and personnel records.
- Assists in tracking purchase orders and deliveries of books and supplies.
- Maintains accurate inventory records.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of supplies and materials.
- Answers the phone and door and warmly greets and assists visitors to the office; including students, parents, substitutes teachers, CSO staff, and others.
- Answers telephone calls in a courteous manner and provides accurate information and assistance to callers.
- Distributes incoming mail as appropriate and manages outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Evaluates situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or of directing appropriate personnel to achieve conflict resolution.
- Registers new students, making sure forms are completed; obtains transcripts and other documentation as needed; and enters data into computer systems regarding enrollment and student records (e.g., transportation, free and reduced lunch program, attendance, withdrawals).
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents and employee by providing accurate information, facilitating communication among parties, and providing direction.
- Schedules school tours and maintains a database of prospective school families.
- Follows up with a personal thank-you note after a prospective school family tours the school.
- Edits, publishes, and deploys the Principal's weekly newsletter.
- Writes and edits articles for the Parish Bulletin for approval by the Principal and Pastor.
- Assists with fundraising, marketing, enrollment, and recruitment activities.
- Understands and adheres to tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Maintains a lifestyle, both within and outside of the school environment, that is in full accord with Church teachings.
Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Principal or Pastor, to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the school.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers copy machines, fax machines, and telephones.
Limited travel to and from meetings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and to respond orally or in writing to his/her supervisor as required.
- Ability to retain composure and to refrain from being caught up in workplace drama.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.(Administrators, office staff, Pastors, Priests, staff members, parents, and students).
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to perform basic arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, Outlook, Google docs, electronic mail, etc.).
- Ability to problem solve and take necessary actions in the absence of the Principal.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding administrators, students, employees, clergy, and others.
- Keen organizational and time management skill are essential.
- Knowledge of office management procedures is required.
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school.
- Successful experience with office management principles and procedures is preferred.
- The candidate must exhibit a passion for and commitment to the success of St. Isidore Catholic School.
To apply for this position
Complete an online Diocese of Joliet Catholic Schools Office Frontline Applicant Tracking application. This may be accessed at the following link:
Applications will be reviewed as these are received. Incomplete orpaper applications will not be considered.