JobID 7229 : Part-Time School-Based Therapist/Counselor (#1966496)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Effective Date(s): January 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020
Staff Needed: One (1) Part-Time School-Based Therapist/Counselor
- Hold a valid New Jersey educational services certificate in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11 with a School-Based Therapist/Counselor endorsement (N.J.A.C. 6:11-11.8) and other appropriate endorsement(s) in accordance with the requirements of N.J.A.C. 6:11-10.1 et seq.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license with no serious violations.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Have experience in teaching and working with adolescents in an alternative school setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, community social service resources, and current social work issues.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and the interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education. During the initial six-month period provide a sworn statement that the individual has not been convicted of a crime or a disorderly person’s offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
- Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test as required by N.J.A.C6:3-4A.4.
- Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing with students, staff, administration, and the community
Salary: $35.00 per hour
Initiator: Ms. Nora Hoover/Susan Ronga
- Meet such alternatives to above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Pending Budget availability
- All posting are open for ten (10) consecutive days following the date or until filled
Paterson Public Schools
90 DELAWARE AVENUE, PATERSON, NJ 07503
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345