JobID 6028 : State Reporting Analyst (#1965940)
Days per Year: 226
JOB TITLE: State Reporting Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director of Data Management and Compliance
PAYGRADE: AM 3
Under minimal supervision, the State Reporting Analyst performs work independently in the comprehensive area of collecting and reporting Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data management and all other state mandated data collections and submissions. Most task are non-routine and require a considerable reliance upon the use of independent judgement. Frequent contact is maintained in writing, in person or over the telephone with classified employees, State and Federal agencies such as Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or related field or equivalent work experience
- Three years’ experience in school business
- Knowledge of Texas Public School PEIMS Guidelines, Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), Early Childhood Data System (ECDS) and Texas Student Data Standards (TSDS)
- Skill in interpreting and assisting in implementing the application of law and regulations pertaining to collecting and reporting school district data and understand data in XML format
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information
- Ability to perform duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written utilizing tact and diplomacy and maintain effective working relationships with district personnel and campus administration
- Ability to comprehend complex systems and technical information and explain effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient in the usage of accounting, database software, internet software, email and word processing software
- Skills in Windows operating system along with district standard software packages such as: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel) and web-based data management systems.
- Manage the central collection of all district PEIMS and related data mandates and submission dates to TEA.
- Promotes the accurate collections, integration, formatting, and reporting of all data required for PEIMS according to the Texas Student Data Standards, assist Director of Data Management and Compliance in planning, organizing and supporting the overall activities of data management needed by the district.
- Provide appropriate and related assistance and support to district personnel as directed by the Director of Data Management and Compliance.
- Assist with creating training materials and provides staff development in proper record-keeping to support accurate PEIMS and state reporting.
- Communicate with TEA and related agencies when needed to clarify or ensure that the district is in compliance with proper recordkeeping and data reporting.
- Leads district efforts to respond to data submission audits or audit inquiries from TEA or related entities.
- Proposes and documents procedural guidelines for the accurate collection of student’s enrollment, attendance, and discipline data for PEIMS and state reporting.
- Assist other departments and programs with establishing and documenting recordkeeping and procedural guidelines for accurate collection and reporting of data.
- Provide training and support to campuses and to business and personnel office staff responsible for processing PEIMS/TSDS data.
- Receive advanced training in information security and confidentiality, and the governing state and federal laws, rules and regulations and disseminate appropriately.
- Receive PEIMS/TSDS related information from ESC and TEA and disseminate to other staff in a timely manner, including updates on PEIMS Data Standards and Student Attendance Accounting Handbook (SAAH).
- Receive advanced training in district and other data systems, including the student information system, the financial information system and the human resources information system and proactively adjust procedures for processing PEIMS/TSDS data.
- Manage and support TEAL and TREx account applications.
- Lead the collection and preparation of data for reporting to the Office of Civil Rights.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents as required including auditable records and statements.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule and local board policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. Repetitive motions and prolonged use of computer. This position will also require both in district and statewide travel. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress. The ability to work with frequent interruptions and independently. Irregular hours as necessary during peak times.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.