JobID 4629 : 2019/20 Middle School Academic Assistant - Full Time (#1965575)
If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To assist teachers in improving core subject skills of middle school age students.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with individual student groups on targeted instruction in core subject areas for 20 minutes per student 4-5 days a week.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- 48+ college hours preferred.
- 12+ college hours required.
- Ability to assist in instructing core subject areas.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.