JobID 357 : Journeyman Plumber (#1964453)
Job Title: Plumber
Credentials: Valid Oklahoma Driver's License and acceptable driving record; State Journeyman’s Plumbers license.
Education: High school diploma or GED, and specialized vocational training in plumbing.
Training or experience required: 3-5 years in the plumbing field in commercial plumbing maintenance and/or repair.
Site: Central Services Center
Reports to: Lead Plumber
Contract: 260 days
Salary Schedule: Maintenance 1
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot plumbing problems and perform general maintenance and repair for all boilers, hot water tanks, steamers, heaters, dishwashers, and related items/devices in the district.
- Install and repair gas and water lines and drains and sewer lines. Check and repair gas leaks. Repair breaks in underground water and drain lines. May install and repair sprinkler systems.
- Unclog drain lines.
- Install, repair, and replace faucets, sinks, toilets, showers, and other plumbing fixtures.
- Winterize buildings susceptible to damage.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all plumbing (water, gas, and sewer) equipment, fixtures, etc. and eliminate severe problems that could be the cause of major downtime.
- Inform supervisor of parts, equipment and other supplies that are necessary to do the job. Keep necessary parts and supplies on hand for common projects.
- Clean work area and maintain plumbing shop and tools, including an assigned vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Employees must possess the basic communication skills to exchange information, give and receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries. Employees in this position may be required to perform routine computations requiring a knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages. The employee must use tools or equipment in a manner requiring competence and must meet certain performance standards which normally would be gained by on the job exposure or training.In a workday, the employee must stand/walk 2-3 hours per day. Employee's job requires frequent bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, and pushing/pulling. There are occasional crawling and kneeling, climbing and reaching above the shoulders.Employee's job requires frequent carrying/lifting of up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting from 35 to 75 pounds loading and unloading sewer machine, lifting large pumps and motors and carrying fixtures. The job requires the employee to use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls; both hands for such repetitive actions requiring a simple to firm grasping and/or fine manipulation. The employee must possess manual dexterity/visual ability to operate hand and power tools (tighten fittings, solder, use shovel). Must be able to read blueprints and schematics, see in the dark with only a flashlight. The employee must possess hearing to distinguish normal/abnormal sounds like gas or water leaks. Must be able to communicate with fellow workers and the public. Must be able to climb ladders and steps, crouch, kneel, and fit in tight spaces, etc. Employee's job requires working on unprotected heights (roofs); Use of/close to machinery; working in the outdoors with temperature changes; driving motorized equipment; exposure to toxic gas, solvents, sewer gases, asbestos; and working in extreme temperatures and around slick surfaces.