JobID 6531 : Line Service Operator - UND Aerospace/Flight Support Services (#1963463)
Hiring Department: UND Aerospace - Flight Support Services
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $13.75/hour, Full-Time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Varying work schedule includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays
Number of position available: 2
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM central time, on the closing date.
Position Details: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Provide aircraft/helicopter movement operations by towing from indoor storage hangars to designated ramp parking locations and positioning back into indoor storage hangars during non-flying activity or hazardous weather conditions.
- Conducts fueling operations for fixed wing aircraft and helicopter fleet using mobile trucks.
- Performs ground support operations for fleet aircraft and helicopters including: external power engine starting, pre-heating for cold engines, defrosting to remove contamination, and deicing to allow safe take-off.
- Executes tank farm operations by inspecting systems, filling mobile fuel trucks, and offloading aviation gasoline tanker trucks into bulk storage tanks.
- Performs all duties in accordance with FAA, State, and local governing procedures.
- Executes duties applying principles outlined in Safety Management System policy and applicable operational checklist
- Will perform repetitious body movements (climbing, bending, and extensive walking) and lift or move heavy objects-up to 70lbs.
- Will use mechanical aptitude.
- Will use good interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education.
- Basic Mechanical Aptitude/experience with basic hand/power tools, etc.
- Valid drivers license
- Pre-employment and random drug tests required.
- Successful Completion of Criminal History Background Check and be able to obtain ramp security badge
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Proven experience with flight and rotary wing aircraft.
- Proven experience with flight line and fueling operations.
- Proven experience using equipment and tools used in the operation of aircraft, tow tractors, heaters refuelers, etc.
- Proven experience performing line support duties within the past 5-years.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.