JobID 288 : Food Service/Cook (Part Time--4 Hours) (#1962662)
Job | Posted 22 days ago
Position: Food Service/Cook
Supervisor: Food Service Director, Building Principals, Superintendent
• High school education.
• Hold certification required of all food handlers and preparers in the state of Illinois and DuPage County.
• Prior experience in food preparations and serving of foods in a food services situation. School district experience preferred.
• Ability to abide by and enforce school district policies, administrative rules, regulations and directives.
• Knowledge and experience in large quantity cooking, food handling, service practices and related equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, administrators, food service and other district support staff, teachers, and the general public.
• Ability to keep accurate records and reports.
• Continues professional improvement.
• Such other qualifications that the board of education may find acceptable.
• Ability to get along well with others;
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Strong computer skills including but not limited to use of data processing and spreadsheet computer software;
• The employee's physical condition shall be commensurate with the demands of the position.
• Traveling to work at other district cafeterias may be necessary for training and/or substitute purposes.
• Capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds.
Job Goal: The Food Service worker is responsible for providing each student and staff member as desired, the opportunity to receive a nutritious meal in an atmosphere of cleanliness, cheerfulness, and personal caring.
1. Assists the School District Food Service Director in implementing and maintaining a nutritional assistance program.
2. Assists in the assessment and preparation of the nutritional requirements of meals and providing nutritional support and counseling to students and staff.
3. Prepares, meals as directed when students are in session.
4. Maintains and monitors the point of sale service and meal tracking systems, and other clerical duties as required.
5. Supervise distribution and documentation of Federal and State requirements as related to free and reduced lunch documentation and have records available for audit.
6. Notifies Food Service Director of facility needs in the areas of the physical plant and equipment procurement, maintenance, and repair to ensure that these areas meet all safety and sanitary inspections.
7. Rigorously follows and enforces all standards and controls for safety in food service facility design.
8. Maintains effective working relationships with students and appropriate members of all departments, school, and meal sites in the district.
9. Follows a program for continuous self-development and professional growth.
10. Receives and follows minimum training in "safe serve" state endorsed food serving standards, meets all required food service certification and enforces these practices at all times.
11. Must be reliable, energetic, flexible, and personable.
12. Assists in menu planning, government commodity disposition, and inventory control.
13. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of all food service reports and records as required by federal, state or local regulations.
14. Follows and creates procedures to ensure the food production system safely and sanitarily provides nutritious food of maximum quality.
15. Create an atmosphere for employee productivity and satisfaction.
16. Follows and implements measures to make the food service program a supportive element of the instructional program.
17. Additional duties as assigned by the Food Service Director.
• The Principal with assistance from the Food Service Director reviews performance annually.
COMPETITIVE SALARY $13.00--$13.50 (BASED ON EXPERIENCE)
WORK HOURS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
This is a rolling interview process with interviews taking place immediately. The district will attempt to fill this position prior to July 10th.
Community Consolidated School District 180
15W451 91st St, Burr Ridge, IL 60527-6379
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246