JobID 1626 : Math Teacher (#1960761)
Posted Date: December 16, 2019
Closing Date: December 31, 2019
Salary: As per current salary scale
The Math Teacher is to design, implement, and assess lessons which will increase student achievement. The Math Teacher must also maintain a positive classroom environment. The Teacher shall enforce the State rules and regulations and district policies to ensure the operation of the educational program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides the appropriate educational opportunities and instruction for each student, according to his/her needs and abilities.
- Prepare in advance appropriate lesson plan which match district curriculum.
- Keep accurate records, tests, reports, etc. as required by Delaware Statutes and policies, Federal Regulations, and School Board Policy to demonstrate student performance.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and communication with students, school personnel and parents.
- Works with fellow teachers in planning instruction.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to teaching and learning.
- Plans and uses classroom time effectively.
- Implements School Board and school based policies and procedures in order to uphold school regulations.
- Works closely with guidance/special education personnel/outside resources to assist students with special needs.
- Integrates technology in instruction.
- Works continuously toward self-improvement through the active pursuit of professional development activities.
- Participates in district and school level committees designed to foster continuing improvement and growth.
- Communicates curriculum and student-related information effectively in oral and written form.
- Participate in all meetings (IEP, conferences, etc.).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
- Must be eligible for State of Delaware Certification as a Math Teacher.
- Knowledge of Delaware State Content Standards, Assessment & Accountability.
- Knowledge of best practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Criminal background check, Tuberculin testing, and health verification.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"