JobID 190 : LVN Nurse (#1960346)
Posted 22 days ago
- Implement district school health program and provide direct services to meet the needs of the students and staff under the direct clinical supervision of the school health coordinator or school nurse (RN).
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Texas license (LVN) issued by the Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificates
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of basic first aid
- Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
- Ability to use software to develop databases and do word processing
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct care using school health protocols and individualized health plans (IHPs) established by the RN supervisor or medical advisor.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures.
- Carry out mandatory screening programs, collect data, and complete required reports as directed.
- Collaborate with campus principal, school counselor, teachers, parents, food service, and other staff regarding the health needs of the general population and those students with identified health conditions as directed by the supervising RN.
- Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by the school nurse (RN).
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meeting of students with identifiable health needs if the RN is unable and collaborate with appropriate staff and RN regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Distribute information to faculty or staff on health related topics as needed and as directed by the RN.
- Provide guidance to unlicensed assistive personnel or other school staff on health related tasks as directed by the RN.
- Maintain accurate and confidential student health records, including immunization records, medication administration records, and individual student treatment records.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, confidential health records on all students.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Monitor the work and issue work assignments to health clinic aide and health services aide.