JobID 363 : 3rd Grade Teacher (#1960255)
JOB TITLE: 3rd Grade Elementary School Teacher
REPORTS TO: Elementary School Principal and Assistant Principal
2020/2021 School Year
Under the general supervision of the Elementary School Principal and Assistant Principal, the Teacher’s objective is to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing University Schools approved curriculum; document teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; address specific educational needs of individual students and create a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and to provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer elementary school curriculum consistent with University Schools mission and vision.
- Promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials to maximize learning experiences in available time for instruction.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Instruct students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of University Schools.
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organize and maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by University Schools procedures.
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensure that student conduct conforms to the schools’ standards and University Schools policies.
- Coordinate with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Select and acquire appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervise students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including field trips, recess and other school activities as needed.
- Administer standardized tests in accordance with District/State/University Schools testing programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching theory methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Education, Qualification and Related Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in elementary education or early childhood.
- Hold or be eligible for a Colorado teaching license.
- Prefer teacher to demonstrate the following experience:
- successful elementary school teaching experience
- interest and skill in the development of innovative approaches to teaching and interdisciplinary education
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Colorado State Certification as an Elementary Teacher or Early Childhood.
- Colorado State Certification in the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Background check required for hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands & working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone.
- Regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- May be exposed to poor weather conditions including heat, cold, wet and snow and other outdoor weather conditions.
- The work environment combines standard office setting including some standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key, etc.)
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities.
Salary and Benefits: Our 2019/2020 salary schedule starts at a minimum salary of $37,005; based on experience/qualifications. Please note this may change for the 2020/2021 school year once the budget has been finalized. Benefits include health, life, and dental and vision insurance options as well as retirement in the Public Employees Retirement Association
In order to be considered, please apply online at https://phl.applitrack.com/universityschools/onlineapp and upload the following items as directed by Frontline.
a. letter of interest
c. two letters of reference
d. copy of CDE license
e. academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial screening only)
or visit our school website at: https://www.universityschools.com > Departments > Human Resources