JobID 475 : CAFE/PLAYGROUND ASSISTANT (#1959597)
POSITION: Cafe/Playground Assistant
START DATE: 1/2/2020
SCHOOL(S): Jarrettown Elementary School
HOURS(S): 2.5 hrs per/day
REQUIREMENTS: 3 Background Checks (PA Child Abuse, PA State Police & FBI fingerprints)
SALARY: $13.50 per hour
The Cafeteria/Playground Aide is responsible for supervising and assisting the students in the cafeteria and playground during recess and lunch. As a support person, the aide is directly responsible to the building principal and provides assistance as requested by the main office.
Reports directly to the building Principal.
Works cooperatively with other administrators, supervisors, staff, parents and students to perform job responsibilities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work Year: 10 Months
Hours: 2.5 hours per day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to perform any other position-related duties requested by the Building Administrator.
- Supervise students in the cafeteria during meals.
- Circulate among the tables during the mealtime so as to be available to children who need help or resolve problems that arise.
- Inform administration of any serious infraction of discipline rules by students.
- Ensure the cleanliness of tables and surrounding areas.
- Assist in supervising orderly disposal of food waste, return of trays and dismissal from the cafeteria.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities designated by the Principal.
- Supervise students in the play area, as well as in moving to and from the play area.
- Supervise students in designated areas in the event of inclement weather or other situations.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning students in accordance with district guidelines
- Maintain an appropriate record of punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist and work cooperatively with colleagues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
QUALIFICATIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skill and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Ability to work successfully with children and adults
Relaxed and calm demeanor
Must be able to multi-task
Must be able to accept changes and be flexible in routine
Light Work – Exerting 5 to 20 pounds of force occasionally
Reaching - -Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Frequently - condition exists up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Handling – Holding, grasping or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to zip a zipper or tie a shoelace
Crouching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine Occasionally – activity exists up to ¼ of the time
Noise – The noise intensity level to which the worker is exposed in the job environment. Level – Moderate
Interpersonal communication – Ability to communicate with the Principal, school staff and students so the necessary support may be provided
Handle confidential information
Maintain stamina during the workday
Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and to talk and hear
Have specific vision abilities; to include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
FLSA Status: Nonexempt