JobID 717 : Permanent Building Substitute Teacher (#1957214)
Amherst, Mont Vernon and Souhegan Cooperative School Districts
Permanent Building Substitute Teachers
January 2020 start date
$150 daily rate
SAU 39 is seeking NH certified teaching professionals to fill our need for a dedicated substitute teacher in each of our schools for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Students in SAU 39 learn in a competency-based environment grounded in deeper learning through performance-based assessment.
A Permanent Building Sub will gain valuable teaching experiences, paid $150 per day, participate in the New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS) and guaranteed an assignment every day that school is in session. These dedicated positions require NH certification and will continue through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Opportunities are available at each of our schools:
· Mont Vernon Village School – K-6 https://www.sau39.org/mvvs
· Clark-Wilkins Elementary School – PreK – 4 https://www.sau39.org/Domain/10
· Amherst Middle School – Grades 5 – 8 https://www.sau39.org/Domain/9
· Souhegan High School – Grades 9 – 12 https://www.sau39.org/Domain/8
A Permanent Building Substitute Teacher is responsible for instructing students in a school setting, including special education classes. Assumes responsibility of all aspects of classroom instruction, assessments and behavior management. Implements teacher created lesson plans or works collaboratively with a team of educators to generate lesson plans, providing differentiated strategies to instruct students at all levels in all content areas.
How to Apply:
Permanent Building Substitute applicants will be required to provide the information below, expressing their goals and readiness to teach. As part of the application process:
· SAU 39 employment application https://www.applitrack.com/sprise/onlineapp/
· philosophy of teaching and learning
· familiarity with 21st century teaching and learning
· specific content areas and/or grade levels of interest
· extra-curricular interests
· certification, transcripts and course information
1. Current certification from the NH Department of Education
2. SAU 39 will not accept an applicant with a grade point average below 3.0 unless there is an exceptional circumstance.