JobID 5998 : Teacher, Interim (Pool) (#1957086)
JOB TITLE: Interim Teacher
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Business Partner
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
PAY GRADE: Certified $114 per day
Certified $98 per day
The Interim Teacher will serve as the Teacher of Record and be responsible for implementing the District’s instructional program and educational philosophy in the subject area or grade level designated in accordance with district policies, and procedures. This position will also be responsible for attending all trainings and professional development as the teacher of record.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- 48 College hours from an accredited college or university or;
or Service Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- One+ yrs.’ experience working with children
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships while maintaining effective classroom management strategies.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Implements lessons plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Maintain discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students in accordance with school policies.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
- Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies.
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety for all students
- Exemplifies professionalism in behavior and performance
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/state policies and practices.
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following:
Job may require prolonged periods of time standing, moderate sitting, stooping, bending, reaching and repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer. Ability to maintain emotional control under stress. May require some lifting no more than 10lbs.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.