JobID 201 : School Nutrition Worker (#1955497)
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Worker
DEPARTMENT: School Nutrition Services
REPORTS TO: Food and Nutrition Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: 185 days
DATE REVIEWED: 12/2017
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Board of Education, upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, shall employ the
Food Service Worker. The annual period of service is 185 days. This is a non-contract, at-will position.
Fair Dismissal Act does not apply to this position.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To prepare and serve nutritionally adequate meals to students, staff and
visitors in an efficient and courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
• Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
• Assist in the preparation of various foods for cooking and serving.
• Use portion control to equally portion all foods.
• Implement state/local health codes as they relate to food service.
• Sets up food on serving lines and/or steam tables and serves meals or meal components
according to approved standards.
• Stores or disposes of excess food properly.
• Handles money for meals, supplemental foods, and beverages served during the day
according to the approved cask collection procedure.
• Washes, sanitizes, and stores dishes, tableware, and kitchen utensils; cleans and sanitizes
counters, tables, ad chairs; scrubs and mops floors; disposes of wastes properly.
• Operates and cleans all kitchen equipment such as ranges, ovens, mixers. Steamers, tilting
skillets choppers, and dishwashing machines.
• Stores foods and supplies in accordance with instructions and assists in taking inventories.
• Assists, in keeping food and supplies in an organized manner in storerooms, freezers, and
• Assists as needed in receiving of goods ordered.
• Reports to manager daily in an approved format for production record purposes, all food
(USDA and purchased) pulled from stockrooms/ freezers and refrigerators.
• Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills ( treats students, parents, employees, and
others with dignity by refraining from derogatory , abusive, angry, or offensive remarks;
maintains composure in stressful situations)
• Attends scheduled meetings.
• Follow appropriate dress code to represent school food service in a professional manner.
• Participates in training programs to increase skills and p[proficiency to the assignment.
• Ensures adherence to good safety procedures.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent desired.
Performance of this job shall be evaluated annually in accordance the provisions of the board’s policy in
evaluation of classified personnel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To perform the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk,
sit, and frequently use hands. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be required on an occasional basis. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required of
this job include close vision and distance vision
This position is compensated on the N1 salary schedule based on verified years of experience. You may go to www.csdecatur.net to view our salary scales.